Friday, April 2, 2010

Fulfilling one’s contractual obligations


I signed the contract and had to produce a 70,000 word document for the publisher. As I mentioned in the last book update I was worried that I would be short of words and would have to do significant padding at the end so there was going to be a lot of words not saying much at all.


But the latest word count came up as 70,665 words.


WooooHoooo!!!



And I have about 3 chapters to go so it will probably be about 80,000 words by the end and I do not have to do all that waffle.


Now if I may be so bold as to do a bit of self aggrandisement, and I may. All in all it was quite a good guess or prediction on my behalf. Having never done a project like this before I had to give the publisher a figure for the number of words and I plucked 70K out of the air and it has ended up being quite a good prediction.


So cheers to Ynot.



Me as a 18 year old with my girlfriend

He is glad he has fulfilled his contractual obligations



But mostly my stress has dropped because my contractual obligations are now fulfilled and I can proceed with the writing to its conclusion.


Graffiti

0 comments: